Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Kind of pooped this evening after a day of varied activity. So, just a rough sketch. I have been making improvements to my wood stove and this morning my son helped me carry it back up from the workshop so that I could set it up for the winter. I am using Artrage for the drawings on a Toshiba Tablet PC. Some days I manage to make time in the day for drawing from something real, but usually I end up drawing a remembered scene from the day's work. This is a mix of both, putting myself on the sofa in the scene of the stove lit for the first time this season. The stove is made from an old compressor tank for the body and an old steak grill for the top. All the fittings are made by hand and it is gradually getting more decorated as the years go by. I added a better chimney outlet, a baffle plate under the top, a grate for the front to protect the glass and a vent system above the window that allows a curtain of cold air to keep the smoke away from the window when it is first lit. All those things seemed to work well on the first try out. There is usually one day in the week I don't get around to drawing, so the next time that happens I'll stick in a photo of the puppy.