Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Sketchy

A couple of little sketch notes for my iron work plans. Bandsawing little flower shapes, heating to anneal whacking them into a hole cut in a slab of wood, then using the TIG torch to add little stamens and sepals on the backs. Fish next week I think. If you buy magnetic dishes like the one in the picture, keeping the bubble pack might be a good idea. I cut the pack and kept it, now if I want to lift all the metal bits out of the dish I just pick up the plastic and don't have to scrape them off the magnetic bowl. It is frustrating to lose little parts and these bowls are a big help, but a curse when using stainless steel as one gets used to their grabbing on and stainless takes no notice of magnets. Luckily these little blossoms are made from an old bit of scrap steel not stainless.