Saturday, March 20, 2010

Frosty booth

This is a small blurred section of the frosty pattern after a bit of clean up. I aim to sand blast the door parts next to lighten them up a bit ready for staining, so I have been making a little blasting booth under the veranda outside the shop. This is the hopper where hopefully the sand will collect ready to pass through the tube to the gun again. I am making the thing in such a way that it will not be too much trouble to set up and take down. Three plywood walls hung from the edges of a board under the veranda with the corners held together by hooks and rubber bands made from sections of inner tube. I will have a curtain across the front and stand inside with my fish bowl respirator and other assorted protective items in place. I used an old plastic sweet container to act as a disposable visor over the front of the respirator as I don't want to frost up the actual visor.