Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Punctured

I changed the tires over on the wagon today. We use studless tires in the winter and a flurry of snow on Tuesday made it feel like time for the moult. I was going to change over the ones on the truck too, but one of them was very low in pressure, so I checked it for witchcraft by dunking it in the pond. I used a long piece of timber to hook under a branch in the tree the frogs lay their eggs in and I was able to crouch down and observe the tire and eventually found a tiny bubbler right by the S in studless. Closer examination on dry land revealed a blunt piece of wire stuck in it. I pulled that out and the tire gave a depressing hiss. I shall have to check if there are any miracle cures for punctures, but perhaps I had better buy two new ones to match them front or back.