Saturday, February 12, 2011

Toppled

Recently my fascination with panoramas has rather faded, but I used to like fiddling with them. If you are interested, this one can be viewed with PTviewer a very old free viewer that still seems to work. This photo composite was taken back when I made the poster board in the picture some years ago in collaboration with a friend.
Today when dropping my daughter off at the station I noticed activity in the area and found that the thing had disappeared. I went back home and called some people in the know, they knew nothing about it, so I returned and asked the chaps in helmets on site what was going on. To cut a long story short, the usual idiocy of a bureaucrat with no brain had meant the death sentence for the work had been signed a month before and nobody even thought about trying to continue the use of the thing. I did some following up and did my best to express my disbelief, but to be honest I feel that I should have been handing out the caps with the " too stupid to insult" logo. They would have been worn with pride.