Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sun in the water


Another day of mixed activities. Mainly on the computer again, but also a little adventure in jig building. I made up a little device to hold wood that will allow me to make better use of a morticing attachment I had bought for the drill press. I thought it would come in handy and it is doing so now making little holes for the joints in the cabinet doors up next. The tool makes square hole at one punch, but it likes to stay in the wood once it is in there, so I needed something to hold the wood down while I pull the lever to snatch the tool back out of its burrow.
Lunch time we had a particularly nice patch of sun in the river where we swim. I am hopelessly ill equipped with painting ability, but I didn't have a camera so this is something like what my boy looked like dangling himself in the other media watching the play of light, fish and rocks. The only bit above water was the well carpeted island of the back of his head and the breathing tube.