Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lock fitting


I spent most of the first half of the day getting the locks morticed and fitting the handles, then part two after swim lunch and nap was other odds and ends like the latch guards and more work on the shelves. We had thunder yesterday lunch time, but today we had rain too. We haven't had any for a while, so the plants were burbling happily about that. I did manage to get an early start today, so I caught the morning brain waves before the heat addled the gubbins and harnessed them to draw out the design for the cupboard doors I have to make next at full scale on a bit of plywood. I am nearly ready for a trip to the job site to get rid of some of the stuff I have been making. I really need to do that and make some space for more production. It must seem odd that everything takes so long to get done, but that is just the way it is. I like the fact that there is a little history to all the bits and bobs that make up the thing.
For example, the flowers in the window were stamped out of slices taken from the rebar that was thrown out when a bridge was demolished up the road.