Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Duty

Another rather random selection from the shots of blighty.
This looked like something rather ancient, but actually commemorates two chaps who did their "duty" in the First World war. It is surprising how much war memorabilia there is in the UK compared to here. These days my mind does seem to drift along lines that view the current world situation in a dim light.
Having so recently been among the queues for the drudgery of baggage searches, document checks and even a fingerprint scan at the airports I think we are being steered into accepting a rather bitter pill in the loss of liberty. I suppose the loss of the vote has made me ponder a little on what exactly those blokes were killed for and what I want from the remainder of my life as a disenfranchised individual.
Fortunately my body has been less ponderous and engaged in more productive pursuits wielding the belt sander in the workshop.