Monday, November 03, 2008

Half Block



Splitting the day again with work on the house and tidying up some of the general carnage around the home. I was offered a load of blocks at one of the many sites I seem to frequent (part of the haul back on Feb 21st 2007) and they are going to be put to service in a little addition to a retaining wall under our kitchen. I wanted to put in a piece of cypress on top of the foundation wall next to the door and had to mix up a bit of cement to get that to level. I decided I might as well make a job of it and put in the first row of blocks under the kitchen too. Only three and a half to go in each row, so here I am cutting one in half with the grinder and a diamond disk. Still pottering about in my sandals, but we will soon be past that. There are still crickets calling faintly in the evenings and I encounter the occasional toad searching for a suitable spot to jell out for the winter.