Saturday, March 27, 2010

Toads

Somewhat unencumbered by the thought process. We have had a week of rain and today the sun came out, the toads thought this a good time to make an appearance and it was surprisingly easy to twiddle the implements across the paper for a few moments while this one pondered his next step.
The larger door is hogging the bench at present while the clamps hold it in shape and the glue dries to a fairly solid consistency.
I used to pull the things out of clamps after 24hrs, but these days I give them a lot more time. I want the glue inside to dry out properly and allow that surface area of adhesion to take effect.
I have been working on other items meanwhile, small things that I had forgotten about. Hinges and those little covers to guard the gap where the bolt and latch are visible from the outside. Vital stuff in the world of doors when it comes down to it. I will treat the world to a shot of that door with all its accouterments once it has emerged from the clamping frenzy.