Thursday, October 12, 2006

Today I had some translation stuff to do in the morning. Once that was done I made some little windows in the wall. This is a 180 degree twist staircase up to my daughter's space. I had some off cuts of blue wavy stained glass left over from a furniture job. The wall is plaster board on both sides, so I cut a big hole right through both front and back and make a sort of frame piece out of polystyrene and then cut that into two U shapes so that I can fit them up in the hole and glue the frame to the inside of the front board. Then go round the other side and glue the glass to that. I fill up the gaps around the other side with bits of card and mesh and then putty over the lot to make it all homely again. It doesn’t matter that it is made from fish boxes and cardboard inside.