Thursday, January 04, 2007

Nestling

Paid work took over my day again and I was left only enough time for a lightning sketch of the young lady nestling her head among a collection of wrists knees elbows and scarves, while she checked something out on the Internet. As the evening draws on the pressure to get on with the family ritual mounts and it is a little too much of a gamble to leave this tentative activity beyond dinner time. I am certain that if I let it slip once, it would become a habit and I would be back where I started in no time.
Actually it was so warm up in her space I had to keep taking deep breaths to keep up the blood oxygen levels. The other young un has just been out to get some of our collection of green cedar to calm the stove down a bit in accord with the mildness of the evening.
Water soluble pen on cartridge with irrigation applied 15x20cm