Thursday, April 12, 2007

Twist 7


I was a bit worried I had lost track looking at yesterday's picture, but I am losing the "woops" feeling now. I put in some center lines and depth cuts, which has made it a lot clearer to my eyes where I am going. I guess this is one of the reasons I like doing this stuff anyway. Nothing is defined, you start off with bits of wood and a methodology and gradually a thing appears. I like to take risks with the stuff as I make it to see if I can find something I like more than anything before or see new lines and junctions that could be used again.
I managed to get a few hours done in the shop, but the larger belt sander wimped out at the end of yesterday and pretended to be unusable. You can see the edge of the WD40 can and a few other signs that a little maintenance and general surgery persuaded it to give a few more years of service. On a practical note these pictures have one other use, I have just noticed that the extractor fan is still plugged in to the extension cord, so I must go down and unplug him with my trusty LED.

Labels: , ,