Monday, May 14, 2007

Sam curry


Sammy is on dinner duty today, curry. I wasn't actually standing on a ladder looking over his shoulder, just visualizing the vegetable chopping scene from the sofa next door. I don't know how he manages left handed, but I suppose you just do when it comes natually. Anyway he is on the piano again now.
I can't remember what I said I would be up to today, but actually it was back to the molding work again, I thought I might as well get the exterior facing all done as well while I am on the job, then the copper booties can go on all the relevant bits at the same time. Sammy had a bit of free time today, so he helped carry a stack of wood outside to clear an area I want to get dug out to extend the shop floor space.
I planted out a load of iris bulbs last autumn and the color is just beginning to show in the buds of those that survived wild boar and bird attacks, so it will be fun to see what comes out. A smaller bunch of white and yellow I planted ages ago are already out and looking very delicate. One flower got its neck chewed off by some form of grasshopper, lucky for him he didn't hang about gloating or I would have taken measures. The flower is still on but hanging squiffy. It is nice that the weather is warming up so we can all go about the house barefoot again.

Charcoal on cartridge 37x53cm