Thursday, May 01, 2008

Hornet

New territory here with pictures from an unknown source. This because of the lateness of the hour and a minor coincidence.
I took a break from the hum drum to have a go with the oxyacetylene cutting gear and get some junk ready for tomorrow's rubbish collection. I couldn't find my regular safety glasses, so I put on a pair of dark glasses that was to hand. I finished up with the cutting and reached for the little plastic sheath the glasses had been in. Just as I gripped it a bloody great hornet came snorting out of it and was nearly as surprised as I was as it bumped into my thumb. I didn't get stung and grateful for that I let the thing out the window. It wasn't one of the largest I've had in the shop, but capable of doing some nasty work if at the bottom of one of the insect bipolar mood swings. The coincidence is that I nearly forgot all about blog writing today as I lay in bed reading a book called "A Man On The Moon", then when I went to look for pictures of Hornets, here were the very chaps in their quarantine box having done their stuff back when I was six, apparently they asked for a special stand up session by Sid James and very funny it was too by the look of it.