Tuesday, June 17, 2008

School

I guess there are some days when no images appear appropriate. A day of great effort to get on with work while the evil spirit I mentioned the other day played intermittently with my nerve endings. Nasty degree of pain on many small occasions. I was able to concentrate sufficiently to get a little done and also attend a meeting of the school councilors in the evening. Unfortunately , the list of recently watched videos include one about how general motors killed their potentially hugely successful electric vehicle and how the art of propaganda was brought into the commercial world after the great war as the newly named public relations. The evolution of the modern capitalist society based on consumerism. On top of the recent spate of stabbing incidents in Japan this has rather jaded my view of curriculum development in the elementary school as a suitable deterrent against the decline of our society and at the same time made me wonder which bits of modern society are worth saving.