Monday, June 09, 2008

Hold still

Behind the scenes before the DIY TV program as a poor wooden object is held in bondage ready to entertain the audience. An odd day as I was forced to pop off to the shops. I had forgotten to check whether I had any glue and found I had not got anything that looked fresh enough for the purpose. I am a little suspicious of glue that has passed more than one winter in the shop as I am not sure what effect repeated freezing and thawing has on these PVA emulsions. It does seem a little cruel to truss the thing up like this, but I have no choice if it is to become an item of utility.

My daughter was in the vast metropolis of Tokyo on Sunday, but nowhere near Akihabara. The man that did the driving and stabbing on that day stated that he was tired of life. I don't believe that statement, but I would urge all those who have similar urges or who are tired of life to devote their lives to the service of others or to end their own as cleanly as possible rather than harming others. I believe the suicide rate here is on the rise. It is not unusual for my kids to be delayed in their return from the city due to clean up activities on the Central line. I have heard that private railway lines charge the family of the suicidal person for the cost of the clean up, but this line does not, so they have the dubious honor of being the popular choice.