Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blocks

A good session of hauling lumber again. One truck load of short rough sawn planks and firewood chunks. Then later on another of more chunks and odds and ends of planks and square timber. I hope it is fine tomorrow as we need a solid day of sorting, carrying and chopping to get that load stowed away for later use. I think I shall then be ready to get the shelf sides out of their clamps for the final session of joinery on Monday so that the unit can go on its way later in the week. 
The chap with the shop vacation problem is now regretting having got rid of all the materials he had stored up, probably because the tidying has given the place more of a sense of having potential again. I think we will just have to leave him to stew on that particular mental blockage for a while and see how it turns out.
My large chainsaw did a good job on the rough sawing, but the clutch pads all left their respective blocks and I don't see that trying to glue them back on will do much good. I think I will have to find a supplier for some parts to get the thing back in good order. At the end of the session I was just using it with the pads whiped out, so the metal clutch blocks were bearing directly against the metal drum that drives the chain sprocket, probably not a good idea in the long run.