Thursday, December 11, 2008

Truck keys


The trip to the yard went fine. I borrowed the two ton dump truck again, hence the imagery for the day. I am not sure what function this totem serves, a little like those wounded toys I remember seeing adorning the rubbish wagons when I was a kid. The rubbish men don't seem to be allowed to decorate their vehicles these days. Anyway, the unfortunate amputee student was my companion for most of the day. My other companion, the chap from down the road, had a good session. The blokes at the yard had a fitted kitchen set they were offering for a thousand quid or so and when he mentioned that he didn't really know the size of the kitchen as the house isn't built yet the chap mentioned in his turn that they had the timber for a small bungalow all jointed up and ready to go. Apparently the deal had fallen through on it and they still had the plans and everything. I hope he goes ahead and snaps it up, because it looked like a real bargain to me all laid out neatly under a tarpaulin, everything down to the planks for the eaves. I shall look forward to piecing it all together along with any necessary extensions.
My own bargain finds were mainly more planks of zelkova, but there was an oven on offer that I thought had my name on it, but in the end when I did one last check I noticed a label that said it was meant for use with city gas, which we do not have. What a disappointment.