Friday, September 04, 2009

Decked ladder

I painted the brackets under the eaves and the surrounding wall while the scaffold plank was still in place, then got that taken down so that I could use the press on the stainless steel tank project. The preservative paint had a slight silicone content and the rain that fell shortly after beaded up nicely on the surface of the deck. Unfortunately the minimal amounts of preservative that found their way onto the gangplank up onto the roof made it slightly more of a slip hazard than I would like, so I placed the aluminium ladder on top to give some stoppers for the hooves prancing up and down it.
The wooden steps once made allowed me to plank the remainder of the deck and the boxy end cap is actually half of the previous gang plank. The item pictured is a rather more mangy item with just enough strength for the purpose.
The panel is on the mount here, but the side view doesn't show much. I used an old snow toy of the kids' for the cover. A plastic thing like a round sled. It should be fine to keep the rain off the actuator underneath. I just had to cut off one side on the bandsaw and bend an old chimney brace into a V strut like shape to support the thing from underneath.