Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ireisai

The day came around again when I do my bamboo bending volunteer job. Oddly this is a memorial to the north Koreans, South Koreans, Chinese and Japanese people who died or were killed during the construction work on the local dam from 1938-1947. On returning home I found that the north Koreans have been busy threatening us with nuclear deterrents. All of that is rather thrown into shadow by the torrential rain and dramatic lightning strikes pummeling the mountains around us, we have had thunder every evening for the past three days, so we were due for something to snap.
The two people here are a friend and his son, they did the bit in the middle and I had a few other people helping me out with the bendy bit at the back, they give an idea of the scale, they are nearly done with their bit and ready to tidy up the stage for the lighting engineers to move in.