Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Great

Maybe I have been spending a little too much time thinking how great the grate is, but I am really pleased with the difference it has made to the stove. It does take a full load of wood to get a nice bunch of coals left in the grate for the morning seven or eight hours later. Nevertheless, I end up burning a lot less wood and there is a lot less ash, which I suppose means the wood is burning more completely. One more advantage is that the window stays cleaner, the air vent I put in just before I started this blog a few years ago has made a big difference, but the extra heat has helped too. I still need to find a source for the glass to get a replacement for when the current window eventually breaks. For some reason the American company I used has stopped exporting, busy revitalizing the economy I suppose.