Friday, January 05, 2007

New Coat

Continuing the series, it is nothing like the little darling really, but perhaps that is because she has a new coat and a hair cut. Nowhere to go out and party, but she is happy anyway. Cutting out pictures from some free newspaper to collage. I forget sometimes that the kids will both be back in school in a while, so drawing them each day even sketchily is not a bad idea. More translation work today and finally making it through to the other side of a huge accumulation of junk that needed sorting down in my work space. I don't know how long it has been building, but my daughter is now twenty and there was stuff in boxes she hasn't touched for 18 years or so down there. Time to say goodbye to a lot of it. As well as the floor under it, which had been issued a double whammy of rot and termites a long time ago. There is something satisfying in getting to the bottom of things, the place from where you can build back up rather than knowing all the time that the stuff you are standing on is unsound. Well I don't actually stand on it that much, it is just where I store my timber. The more lived in areas of the home have been fairly sound for a while now thank goodness.
Water soluble pen on cartridge again 15x20cm