Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Late

I thought I was in for another gap day as the Internet connection went down for a couple of hours. Strange how one begins to rely on these things. I must arrange an alternate link while the misery is fresh in the mind.
I had a bit of a reshuffle in the shop today after shaping up the exterior facing. The table is back out from its corner and a few other things are shifted around. The door frames always remind me of napoleons tomb when they are laid out on the bench like this, not sure why. I think it may be because the first one I did in the shop was a bit more scrolly and I had the door in the frame to match the shape of the door to the frame. I still have the glass to do and the copper clading, but I seem to have timed it about right. I had a call from the site supervisor today asking about fitting the frame, so I shall be off to Yokohama to do that next week. As you can tell by the lighting I stayed down in the shop a bit longer than usual, so my time space for drawing evaporated.