Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Earnest


Having made my earnest comment about drawing, today I am worked to the bone, so falling back on digi cammy. In some ways perhaps the mixture of images is better as they tend to make some sense of each other. If you let yourself float gently up toward the ceiling you will have something of the aspect of yesterdays sketch with the saw. I spent the day on counters again and now have the many and several stacked outside ready for their journey to the mystic portal.
The white bits of wood stacked in the window frame laid horizontal will be the window in the sketch back on March 24 when I also appear to have been a little fatigued. I had intended to get them in today, but when I found it would need setting up the router table I left off and went back to the more pressing job of counter making. I will get back to it tomorrow. Anyway, the main rails and stiles are fitted, so the rest is just filling in. The orange plastic crates are for soy sauce bottles, so just a hint of the orient.