Saturday, August 25, 2007

Never enough


Mainly morning duties today. Final fitting and working on the glue-up for the doors ready to sit in their clamps like this over night. I think it took at least thirty minutes just fiddling with a little spatula and PVA gloop for each door. I will fit the central panels tomorrow and then cut the two pairs to their final width for their openings, scorch the edges, apply finish and fit the adjustable hinges. I was hoping to get on and make some knobs today, but it didn't happen that way. I am glad I decided on the complex little lap joints for the four central joints it meant I had a lot less pieces to juggle and that makes things less of a panic when applying the doings.
Always say yes when asking yourself about extra clamps, you never know when they will come in handy.