Friday, September 21, 2007

Fire shy


Back on tidying duty today. I think I was inspired by a little news clip about the townships of south africa. I suppose the shots were chosen, but everywhere seemed to be coated in rubbish. There were a couple of guys just walking down the street and a kid playing with a plastic lid, I imagined walking down the same street and wondered how weird it would be to start picking up the rubbish. Anyway, I decided I should start with my own area before undertaking any unilateral tidying elsewhere on the globe. I managed to get rid of quite a stack of scrap stuff. It is hard to ask anybody else to do this job because there are too many considerations involved in deciding what will go in the fire.
Lots of fire tending strategies for getting overly large stuff to burn down and finally fit in the brazier. I had quite a few sheets of semi rotten plywood and the recent aquisition of 25mm spruce boards made the old stuff an easy pick for departure on a new trip around the carbon cycle.
Similar scenes to may 12 dec 21 of 2006