Friday, October 26, 2007

Rubber hammer


Rain stopped play outdoors and it looks like a typhoon is approaching. I switched to computer work and a bit of laying about on the floor for some of the day. I also made a start on some of the copper I will need on various parts of the tiny roof area. I am going to use shingles to cover the roof, but it will need some kind of edging and flashing. To make the pieces I need I have a piece of steel I stick in the vice edge up. It has a good edge and I match up my marks and then tap along the line of the edge with a rubber hammer to score in the fold lines I need to make a section.
I ought to do something about making up a device to do this more easily, but not now, unless that typhoon lingers and keeps me indoors.
I did use the electric shear I made the teath for the other day. That made speedy work of cutting out the blank pieces for the parts.