Sunday, October 28, 2007

Skyping


I had a good day at the roof project getting the timbers I had made established in their new home with anchors and the beginnings of copper footings to protect them from the damp. I got as far as cutting in the rafters before it got too dark to work safely. If I can get in a few hours tomorrow I should be able to get the roof planks on and spread some tar paper.
I had to do a bit of a two in one this evening, sketching while skyping as I had some rewriting work to get done so that I can get those hours on site tomorrow, so rather distracted mark making. I was chatting with my brother who has recently forced his way through another birthday barrier while nursing some kind of cold. The six million or so of us online at the time certainly owe a debt of thanks to those chaps who have managed to make a video conference software system that works really well most of the time.