Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bamboo hazard

I had red frogs yesterday, today red eyes, so no picture. I had one of those odd occurrences today while bending over to measure up from the base of a set of doors I didn't notice a stick of bamboo that had sprouted up and got it smack in the eyeball. I had thought I was just messing about measuring, so no safety glasses. I shall make a point of putting them on whatever I am up to in future. I don't think any horses have left the stable permanently, so there is some point in bolting the door. The orb is exceedingly displeased and I can feel a good part of the body's nervous energy focusing on mending it up, still functioning properly but very tender and not happy about having to roam about in its shell as the right one keeps on working looking at translation work.
Even with a blunt stick a poke in the eye isn't fun. I had a similar incident a few months back with a stick of firewood springing out at me, what a shame I didn't learn my lesson then. Having just had an eye check up on Thursday it would be too ironical to be going back for emergency treatment having got the all clear.