Friday, March 07, 2008

Darkness fell

Another day in the dust, or rather in my respirator helmet safe out of it. I am still hemming and hahing over the chair backs. I worked on all of them today, but more so the right two and nearly convinced myself to chop off the outer two back strut supports as they seemed a little superfluous. That would leave a sort of whales tail with a single strut. I was tempted because I quite like the flat bottom on the left two and I think I will make them in that way, so I will end up with two different styles and I though they might be better off as markedly different. The left ones will have the struts coming further back leaving a ledge rather than blending the form in to the back rail. I called in Mrs P for her opinion and she seemed to think it would be OK to have two styles of chair.
It doesn't look like a lot of change, but I did end up with a box of bandsaw scraps and a heap of dust, so I must have been doing something. I shifted on to leg parts in the afternoon in order to keep momentum and let the mind ponder it. Sorry if the picture is too shaky to tell much anyway.