Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nameless

Sometimes when you meet new people you find yourself picking up their mannerisms or modes of speech. I can feel something similar happening with the new kitten. I can see that I must emulate him and greatly increase the frequency and variety of stretches throughout my day. He is exquisite in his performance each time he arises from slumber.
Luckily, despite my regimen of depressing but informative video viewing there are still days when I awake from a nap or some such escape to find myself utterly unaware of all I have taken in since I entered this place. Things take shape and return to their positions in the jigsaw very quickly, but each time it happens I think some get lost and I sublimate a little of the horror of humanity.
This morning I awoke to find that the evil genius of pain was no longer home. I had Mrs P apply a couple of the excellent mustard patch type plasters they sell here in Japan and over night that has made things much prettier. I hope they are not just chock full of topical analgesic. I have high hopes that this is not the case and I can quickly return to normal service. I just hope I don't end up with the irresistible urge to chase bits of string and tiny moths like my much respected little instructor. I am afraid we don't have a name for the little chap yet, no doubt that day will come.