Saturday, November 15, 2008

Grey day


Kind of a fuzzy day with rain promised for tomorrow. I got the remainder of the planks left standing laid out horizontal and under blue sheets to keep the rain off. Sammy helped with that as they were a bit too heavy to control in their descent from vertical.
After that I moved on to tidying up, but immediately got side tracked into investigating the cause of the poor functionality of my plasma cutter. I only wanted to cut the top off of an oil can to give to someone local to burn rubbish. As I was in the middle of fiddling with the spark gap in the interior of the machine Sammy came down to see if there was anything to be done. I set him on preparing the area for the remainder of the block wall section to go in. By the time he had got that done it was also time for lunch. Each time he does some work things crop up that are purely practical and remind me how much one needs experience in all these things. He has a little experience of this and that, but still often gets stymied by little issues. I hope he will persevere in the realization that everybody who is working today also started out at zero.