Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Misty cedars

The round window in the stove appears quite often, but this other round window in the home has not been on the box yet. This was the tonal vision of receding cedars out of it as I made my way to the kitchen for a little cup of solace. I had a good go at the shelves today and got the whole thing up together for the first time. I suspect that will be the image of the morrow.
Aside from some little bits of final jointing I had to cut the shelves to finished length allowing for a little warpage in the side panels. I use the telescopic nozzle assembly from an old sprayer that I found up the mountain for this activity. It makes it very easy to obtain an exact length measurement for inside surfaces like the two grooves to house the shelves, you just extend the telescope to butt against the interior surfaces and then slide the thing out carefully to transfer that on to the item to be cut without needing to remember any numbers.