Saturday, January 10, 2009

Desktop


Today's artwork courtesy of our youngest guest and some spongy brushes. My endeavor to photograph her work and make it into a desktop for her new personal computer met with little enthusiasm.
Catching up was the task of the day. Sammy and I went on a brief excursion to search for the wallet, but with no success beyond the capture of a rather natty blue enamel kettle which had been abandoned. On our return we quickly made up a batch of sandwiches and embarked on a trip up the mountain passes in the truck with the visitors. I had spent an hour or so changing our two vehicles over to their winter wheels to allow both these missions and it was a good job I did, the snow was still thick on the ground higher up in the hills. We walked up to the highest pass and had our sandwiches overlooking a view of mount Fuji swathed in cloud like an elephant trying to hide behind a curtain. Not us, the mountain you understand, punctuation is not my forte.