Wednesday, April 25, 2012

After five

Extending the weekend regimen to include hours after five. I set up to the following point on Tuesday. Beginning to erect scaffolding to support sections that need a panel wall underneath and positioning the central pentagon ready to be lifted into place.




Then today I realised I needed to add more height to the system and made some extensions to the personal torture device. This was done to allow me to attach a chain block above the central pentagon. The tricky step I undertook next. The helpful offspring left photo duty to lend a hand, so that is part of prehistory.


We could not resist trying out the segments, so we pushed on a little longer and got them set up. Hard to grasp the shape of the structure from this, but it shows the scaffolding elements at work. Supporting the bases of the two segments at the correct height and providing purchase for the chain block.