Monday, January 29, 2007

Primates wash

Before the trip to the meeting yesterday I did a bit of exploratory surgery on the washing machine. It had sprung a leak internally and I needed to take the top off and stuff to asses the repairability. It was a hairline crack in a plastic part. I figured out that an application of super glue and a quick blast with the compressor to force the stuff into the crack would leave us better off, so I disassembled parts and whatnot, but was careless with the solenoid cut off valve and the stainless steel core of that fell into a tiny little awkward spot deep down inside the machine. We tried double sided tape on a stick, gum on a stick and finally scrapped a bit of the gunk from one of our sticky mouse traps onto the end of a stick and that did the job. I was able to probe down, pick up the tiny stainless rod and drop it down onto the floor where I could get at it with another stick from the side. Sammy was on hand with bits of tape and whatnot for the procedure. I felt like the chimps with their sticks and the crows with their serrated palm leaves would be proud of us. The leak is cured, but I guess we will have to buy a new one soon.

Washes, chalks and charcoal on Cartridge 25x35cm