Monday, February 12, 2007

TV and Dinner

A day with the computer again working on translation.
This sums up the scene after dinner here, my daughter watching a movie curled up on the floor next to the low table we eat at with her head on one of the matresses we then spread out to sleep on when all is tidied away.
There is a peculiar contrast between my everyday and the nastiness in the news. The first of the crocuses that survived the animal onslaught of winter came out today, so something I did back in autumn paid off a little. I still remember working on a little house down the road back in 2003 when the Armed Forces Radio, (which is about the only wireless in English out in the far east here) broadcast Mr Bush announcing his intent to attack Iraq in his own good time. Now we have the spring coming up and more ridiculous evidence being put forward as reason.
There is obviously no mother figure in the world large enough to give that country a slap on the head and tell it to shut up, but surely there must be enough sharp minded women in the country itself to have the same effect. It truly would be a campaign of shock and awe if they allow their government to doing exactly the same thing again. Fortunately I am unable to focus my mind on such shocking idiocy and awesome foolishness for too long or it would go pop and my think box would be permanently boggled. I'll try and get back to a reasonable length of drawing session tomorrow.
Charcoal on cartridge 25x35cm