Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cordless

Sticking with charcoal again today, mostly the stuff from the fire with a little bit of compressed charcoal used at the end.
These days my time seems to be very split up between all sorts of activities, but here I am using a little cordless circular saw to take the edge off of a plank I think will be used in a door project. I like this saw as it has the blade on the left side of the saw rather than on the right. It is good to have both kinds. There is a tape measure on the more chunky piece of timber next door and my little ink line for snapping out the line I will cut.
At bottom right you can make out something of the shape of my pattern makers vice, which is very handy for all sorts, but not really necessary here as the timber has enough weight to hold itself still on the edge of the bench.
The weather is getting warmer, but I still went for the one piece winter woolly suit today.
The rough charcoal out of the fire leaves a wide range of brush like marks, which are fun to rough out with. It is then possible to get more refined marks by picking a soft piece with an edge. I like the little flat eraser my daughter bought for me back in december. It looks a bit like those small retractable blade cutters, but the blade is an eraser.
Charcoal on cartridge 25x35cm