Monday, February 05, 2007

Hammers aplenty

On the way back from a kind of multi purpose mission of door maintenance and whatnot I stopped by at the secondhand place I sometimes patronize. It has changed a bit since I was last there, with much more space being turned over to the nick knacks that the majority of the population seem to prefer. I was tempted by a variety of hammers and eventually had to get a basket to put them in. The old chap that manages the place was camped by the stove, but one of his minions was wobbling about talking to a gent after metal drill bits. I heard her state a price of around a quid for a 6mm one and wondered if I ought to be looking about for some of her dropped marbles. His too actually, because he did pay the equvalent of 50p for it in the end. Anyway by the time I had got my bag of hammers from the pick'n mix the old un was awake and he asked just over a tenner for that, which my small change wouldn't quite get to. So we settled on 2300yen for a nice little collection with a big plastic hammer, cross peen, two ball peens a weird little cobblers hammer as well as some others and a couple of pairs of tongs and flattened grips for bending sheet metal, ohh and a 15mm wood drill with a larger set of blades at the drill end for cutting a recess for a bolt head and washer, which is a useful thing for the frame construction I sometimes find myself involved with.
Time for bed.
The usual suspects on cartridge 25x35cm