Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Laser guide

I had another go on the table stem carving today and also went along to the site as evening was falling. I wanted to lay out where the pillars will come and I had borrowed a laser level from a friend. It was very hard to spot the lines, but we managed by shading out light and holding up a sheet of paper, as well as wearing the special violet glasses. It was good for making the corners and lining things up, but I will take a normal transit tomorrow. I have all but two of the points laid out now and they will be easy to find with a couple of measurements. It is a national holiday tomorrow, but apparently the rubbish sorting guys will all be along, so I hope to get a solid day in with sammy and get a long way with the scaffolding.
Scrappy charcoal etc, as promised.