Saturday, April 14, 2007

New Phone


We all got our new phones today. It looks like we will have to pay for the priviledge of canceling the contracts for the old ones, but the service was just no good. It was nice for the kids to be able to use their phones in their own space, not have to sit in the corridor or walk down the road to get a signal. I am a bit slow at technology these days, so it took me a while to figure out stuff, but I am just about OK now, able to send and recieve mail and make a call. It was getting on my nerves that we were paying for phones that just didn't work one of the draw backs to living out in the sticks.
On a sinister note we found two dead toads in the ponds below the house, I am wondering if the water was just too deep for them or something. It seems strange that amphibians might drown, but I could see no real damage on the bodies to explain the fatality.
During the week I had my first class with the primary school kids and met the new principal. He assured me that the owl I have been hearing is a Night Heron. I am happy to accept that, but only if I can get a glimpse of the thing to prove it.
Time for bed, so on Artrage sketching again.