Sunday, June 03, 2007

A burden shared

We got the table shifted today, hence the picture of it in its new habitat. The hardest bit was carrying it up the stairs. We did a bit of a one two three on the base, which seemed appropriate for the drawing at the moment of lift off. I had Sammy along all the way and he drove back again.
At odd moments it stikes me just how much affection I hold in my heart for the offspring, one such was just as I was drawing him peeping up from the table here while the chap himself was tinkling away at the piano at the other end of the room. I obviously couldn't see him then as I was carrying, nor could I see him while I was drawing, but I knew he was there. As that feeling expands it gives me the realization of how blessed I am if my own dear pops feels anything like the same for me, and that train of realisation spreads out to include others and yet others until there are quite a few folk covered.

I still can't include old Tony Blair in there though, so not quite up to the mother Teressa standard.
Still covered in charcoal here, so I had better get off and wash my hands or I will be scaring off the kith and kin with black marks everywhere.