Friday, June 01, 2007

Door stack

Shop view south east. I have the tenons cut on all rails and all frame parts have a groove to accommodate the panels when they arrive in this world. Here we have the fruit of the last few days, with all the door bits stacked for more marking for joints. My last job of the day was marking out all the little uprights that will fit in the gaps between the rails. They will be cut from the two lengths of timber on the top of the stack here. That means another 20 tenons to cut and then all twenty eight mortices to do once I have all me bits and bobs cut, then everything will get trial fitted and adjusted to fit nicely with a bit of chiseling in the appropriate places and we will be on to the panels. Continuing further into the forecast I will leave it all to sit and start up on the metal work, handle window and hinges. somewhere in that when I get tired I will do another trial clamp up and adjust, then glue and leave for a few days in clamps. If I am not an old man by then I will be almost done. Ohh that reminds me, I must get on and order the locks, the one bit I don't make any effort to manufacture.