Monday, October 29, 2007

Scrappy

I had a very scrappy day, mostly spent on the computer, which I must return to when I am done here. The scrappiness extended to fiddling with a scrap of glass just as darkness was falling. I was trying to come up with a kind of birthday card in glass for my wife who is a very occasional viewer of these pages (so hopefully won't spot this until the day has passed). She is also a lover of most things connected with penguinery.
My sand blaster had been idle for a long time, so it took a while to get the wasps nests out of the tubes and seive the sand, etc. I really must look in to buying a unit that produces a more precise jet. This is a combination of masking blasts and engraving on a sheet of clear glass that has a blue layer applied on one side. About 5cm from bubbles to beak.