Friday, January 18, 2008

Stainless not flawless

I am having to resort to a photo today. I managed to have a go on the piano and have a go at the boxing bag, but drawing was too much to retain in the schedule with a friend of my wife's staying for a day or two. I connected my "towel holder" as mentioned yesterday and as seen behind the stove here. Today there are vague signs of circulation with a cold pipe at the bottom and a warmish one on top, but I see that I have made an error in the pipe connections. I will spend an hour on mending that tomorrow, but then I must get back to woodwork. The stainless steel is not a good conductor of heat, but I will weave some aluminium wire around the pipes to try and up the conductivity.
More firewood added to the store today and one lump of Zelkova from the dam site that looked like it might be useful. Other work for the day only translation related. It was not very cold at the yard, but no midges, so perhaps they have got used to me or succumbed to the frost and snow flurries.