Monday, January 14, 2008

Tsunagi

Overalls, or romper suit, take your pick. These kind of clothes are called Tsunagi in Japan and I bought a new set back at Christmas time. Unfortunately they stink of driftwood at present, so the dog is keen to lay on them whenever he gets the chance. Sammy had a good session on the wood chopping while I got back to the stainless steel welding for the morning. There were just a few big lumps that Sammy had wisely left with several branch forks, so I did those with the chainsaw before I went down for another welding session after lunch. It looked like he must have hit the handle up near the head of the axe quite a bit and I will be having to make a new one again soon. So much for teak packing cases as material for an axe handle, I shall go back to the traditional oak variety next time.