Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rock breaking


I didn't manage a complete switch over to the chairs with Sammy down the end of the shop working on breaking up the rubble from the old foundations to go in as hardcore under the floor. He was using an electric hammer drill to split up big blocks and then a normal little sledge hammer to break them down some more.
We did a bit more figuring to get a bit of shuttering down the side of the floor area to level off the hardcore to.
I was having a quick ponder over leg length, I didn't want to cut things off too short, but I think if I make the chairs to suit my height and leave enough room between the rungs across the front and the floor I should be fine. I just put blocks under my feet while sitting to test for heights before cutting off the stumps.
It looks like we have enough chute lengths to get our concrete down the slope when the time comes.