Thursday, May 08, 2008

To twiddle

Not Cat Stevens, but morning at least. I am at the stage with the chairs where I need to take them to bits again to work on all the parts. At present I am looking at how to proceed with the web of wood under the chair. I want to make it something of an echo of the three uprights on the backs. The twists in the outer stretchers will be the opposite of the ones on the chair back. I have all my parts, now it is just a question of what kind of design to work into them. My main aim is not to let it get too complex or twiddly.
Having one chair to look at while working on the parts for one disassembled seems to be a good way of figuring out where I am going.
I ended the day by making up that bit of concrete shuttering and smashing up some of the concrete rubble instead. It looks like I should have ended with a sweep up instead.