Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fittings TIGd

All the bits up together. The inspector came this morning to do the checks on our new electric setup. That went without a hitch, so I connected up the breaker for the slightly dubious workshop layout. That means I have to be careful how I wire up my plugs from now on or I might give 200v to something that wouldn't like it. I immediately gave the plasma cutter a go and it worked fine. I cut out the little brackets on the table here from a scrap of angle iron. Then I used the new and stronger TIG voltages to weld them together and finally painted them before leaving the shop for the day. The table top is about 80x110cm I think and it is about 73cm high. I'll try and make a pint of getting out the backdrop and photographing it before it leaves home.
I was getting bogged down with all the jobs on the go at the same time, so once I have fitted those brackets tomorrow, this one will be out the door.